Thursday, December 24, 2009

Two sides of a coin

How important is it to lead a clean life when you are celebrity. Sparked off this thought from the recent Tiger Woods episode. Even though, I am a mug with golf, I have seen people speak highly of him and that he was a true champion. One of our management gurus used to quote Tiger on how a successful pro should be. The quote was an excerpt from an interview which goes like this,

Interviewer (I): What are you going to do in the off-season
Tiger: Work on my game
I: Which part of your game
Tiger: Every part !

I admired Tiger for this answer above and also that he is regarded high by someone who I regard the highest among sportsmen—Roger Federer.

Another classic example is Kamal Hassan. I am a big admirer of his acting, thoughts and views. But his personal life is much criticised (must say that one doesn’t give due consideration to his side of the story).

On this topic, nearly fought with one of my friends. So don’t want to speculate too much into it. I am tempted to say that in a country where people are largely not very educated and not very matured, people get carried away and take clue from their idols. But this is a very imperfect argument and so would leave it at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home